Wow, what can I say. Trails are in rough shape. We have dirt and standing water all over the trails. Yes it is supposed to get cold this weekend. The trails will be very thin and icy.
We decided to shut down tomorrow and Saturday’s rental operations. We feel the trails will be mainly ice covered and not safe until we get enough snow to groom again. The main hubs into Peegeos and Ranch Rudolph are down to dirt and the powelines on trail 5 are hit and miss with dirt, mud and snow mix. Most of the road crossings are thin and the 2 tracks and seasonal roads will be rutted up with truck traffic.
This winter has been a very frustrating winter for snowmobilers in northern Michigan. All we can hope for is some good snow soon! Hopefully we get a little snow this weekend to help keep the ice to a minimum. If you do need to ride please be safe and responsible. We know it’s a short season but safety should be a priority. I am sorry to all those we couldn’t accommodate this weekend and hope to see you again soon!
STAY AND PLAY PACKAGES
In association with several lodging establishments, we are pleased to present you with our new Stay and Play Package options. Standard packages include one snowmobile and one nights lodging. Deluxe packages include a dining gift card at Peegeo’s restaurant. Stay and Play Packages can be tailored to your request. All packages are booked through Blue Sky, and most of your questions regarding the accommodations may be answered by visiting the individual resort websites.
Cherry Tree Resort
Rooms and suites directly on East Grand Traverse Bay. Waterfront suites feature private decks. All-season atrium pool and spa, complimentary continental breakfast, Sony PlayStation/DVD players, free high speed wireless Internet access, movie rentals available.
30 one bedroom units on three floors, each with spectacular panoramic views of beautiful East Grand Traverse Bay. All accommodations come with a fully equipped kitchen with microwave, private bedroom and whirlpool bath. All units include cable TV (with HBO) and high speed Internet access.
Postings From Regional Pages On Facebook
Latest Trail Reports – Quick Links
- Ontonagon Trail Report – Scott’s Superior Inn – 02/23
- Grand Marais Trail Report – 02/22
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 02/22
- Paradise Area Trail Report – 02/22
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 02/22
- Watersmeet Trail Report – 02/22
- Ironwood Trail Report – 02/22
- Western U.P. Trail Report – Western U.P. Bureau – 02/22
- Gaylord Area Trail Report – VisitGaylord.com – 02/21
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – 02/21
- Sidnaw / Bruce Crossing Trail Report – 02/21
- Ironwood Trail Report – 02/21
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 02/21
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 02/21
- Newberry Trail Report – 02/20
- Lake Gogebic Trail Report – 02/20
- Ironwood Trail Report – 02/20
- Paradise Area Trail Report – 02/20
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 02/20
- Western U.P. Trail Report – Western U.P. Bureau – 02/20
- Ontonagon Trail Report – Scott’s Superior Inn – 02/20
- Munising Area Trail Report – 02/19
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 02/19
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 02/19
- Paradise Area Trail Report – 02/19
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 02/19
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 02/19
- Seney Trail Report – 02/18