Our temps for the next few days will be in the teens with lows in the single digits. They are calling for snow on Tuesday. 1-3 inches. Overall trails are in good condition.
The Gogebic Trail Authority report groomers will be out all day today. Remember if you see the groomers please pull to the side so the groomers can do their job.
Trail 2 from Hurley to Ramsay Crossing is very good. Trail 2 from Ramsay Crossing to Wakefield was last groomed 1/21/19. Trails get icy between grooming so please slow down. PLEASE REMEBER TO CROSS US HWY 2 IN THE CORRECT LANE OF TRAVEL, DO NOT BLOCK HWY TURN LANES! Wakefield to Marenisco is good. There is logging 3 miles east of Wakefield use caution. Logging trucks have the right away so please give them the right of way.
Trail 8 from Bingos to Tula Crossing is good to very good it was last groomed 1/21/19. Bingo’s is closed and has no gas….
Trail 160 is good to very good; last groomed 1/20/19 the first 10 miles still have some spots where we need more snow to bury some rocks. The next 13 miles is good to very good. The final 2 miles near Lake Superior/Saxon Harbor/WI Trail 13 is thin. This trail has several scenic vistas with amazing views.
Trail 11S was lasted from on 1/21/19 and is in good condition.. It is groomed all the way to the WI line. This 17 mile long trail has 2 stop signs and is a wilderness tour. The southern 3 miles get thinner, but remains in good condition.
Trail 11 N is closed indefinitely.
The Gogebic Area Groomers reporting trails are good this report is from the 14th.
Corridor trail (1&8) North of Bergland was groomed overnight as was Trail 1 North and Trail 8 West all reported as good with the exception of a water hole about 2 miles out of Merriweather.
Trail 8 East – very good until close to Ewen where there’s less snow and small rocks showing.
Trail 102 also groomed during the night – reported to be very good.
Trail 13N was groomed yesterday – good to very good.
Trail 13S from Root Cellar to trail 2 – good to very good.
Trail 1 N from Bergland and the North Shore of Lake Gogebic reported to be in very good condition.
Trail 1 South to Presque) recently groomed. Good condition, however, gets thin South of Marenisco. Groomed from Marenisco North to West Shore Resort where the trail ends for now.
Watersmeet U.P. Thunder Riders reports trails were last groomed on the 20th. Trails are in good condition with a few thin spots, lots of traffic.
Trail 2 west of Watersmeet – Good condition
Trail 2 east of Watersmeet- Good condition, few thin areas
Trail 13 south to Cisco Chain- Good condition
Trail 3 south to Land O’Lakes- good/fair condition. There is lots of traffic on this trail and it’s very hard to keep smooth, use caution on bridges.
Trail 3 north to Paulding/Bond Falls/Bruce Crossing- Good condition with some thin icy corners.
PLEASE STAY ON MARKED TRAILS. RUNNING ON UNMARKED TRAILS CAN RESULT IN LOSING EASMENT OF THE TRAILS AND ALSO A POSSIBLE TICKET FOR YOU.
Postings From Regional Pages On Facebook
Latest Trail Reports – Quick Links
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 01/22
- Grayling Trail Report – Fay’s Motel – 01/22
- Watersmeet Trail Report – 01/22
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 01/22
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 01/22
- Munising Area Trail Report – 01/22
- Ironwood Trail Report – Gogebic Range Trail Authority – 01/22
- Lake Gogebic Trail Report – 01/22
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 01/21
- Traverse City Trail Report – Blue Sky Snowmobile Rentals – 01/21
- Newberry Trail Report – 01/21
- Paradise Area Trail Report – 01/21
- Seney Trail Report – 01/21
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 01/21
- Western U.P. Trail Report – Western U.P. Bureau – 01/21
- Munising Area Trail Report – 01/21
- Sidnaw / Bruce Crossing Trail Report – Sno Valley Riders Snowmobile Club – 01/20
- Ontonagon Trail Report – Scott’s Superior Inn – 01/20
- Grand Marais Trail Report – Grand Marais Sno-Trails Assoc. – 01/20
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 01/20
- Seney Trail Report – 01/20
- Ironwood Trail Report – Gogebic Range Trail Authority – 01/20
- Munising Area Trail Report – 01/20
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 01/20
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 01/20
- Paradise Area Trail Report – 01/19
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 01/19
- Gaylord Area Trail Report – 01/18