Lake Gogebic Trail Report – 02/11
I’m really not sure what to say at this point. We still have a good amount of snow and the groomers are out at night, however, the daytime temps are still too warm to groom then. It looks like we’re expected to only have a day or two mid week with normal temps and some snow. Next weekend’s prediction is for temps as high as the 40’s. But as long as the night temps fall below freezing we’ll be able to groom. We’ve had some major traffic this week – I guess everyone that had to postpone their trip from our January warm spell is up now, plus some. From what I’m hearing most people seem to be running the lake so trails 1 south and 13 south seem to be holding up very well…all things considered. Trails 8 west, 8 east, 13 north & 1 north will probably be in rougher shape as they will see the most traffic. Trail 102 should be good. It is what it is – too warm temps, again, and grooming only possible during the night or early morning. For the best ride head out early!
As previously posted, please stay on the trails in Bergland. You are not allowed to ride the highway through town and may be ticketed. You can only access the gas station by following the trail through the park and crossing directly across from the gas station from Antonio’s Restaurant. If riding the roads through Merriweather (down to the Hoop ‘N Holler Tavern or to the lake) please remember to ride at the posted speed limit of 25 mph and stay to the side of the roadway, and, as always be aware that this is a residential area and watch for traffic.
. *If you’d like additional information about our area please contact The Lake Gogebic Area Chamber of Commerce at 888.GOGEBIC or www.lakegogebicarea.com. You can also email us at email@example.com. Hope we see you soon – for those of you already up here have a safe ride!
*Gogebic Area Grooming really needs your support at this time more than ever. You can be a part of our grooming efforts with a sponsorship of $25 for single, $30 for family and $75 for businesses. However we’d greatly appreciate a donation of any amount. These can be sent to:“Gogebic Area Grooming” at “115 Hoop ‘N Holler Rd / Merriweather, MI 49947” or you can find sponsorship pads at most businesses around the lake with our map boxes, where you can also deposit donations. All map money is intended to benefit the grooming efforts in our area. If you mail your sponsorship or donation to the above address be sure to include contact info, as well.
Lake Gogebic On Facebook
Below are the latest postings from the Lake Gogebic Page On Facebook.
Latest Trail Reports – Quick Links
- Watersmeet Trail Report – 11/09 – 6.5 inches so far and still having snow squalls
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 11/09 – 10” or so last night and it’s been coming down all day
- Porcupine Mountains – 11/09 – We have received between 4 and 8 inches of snow last night; more is predicted through today
- Ironwood Trail Report – Gogebic Range Trail Authority – 10/30
- Ironwood Trail Report – Gogebic Range Trail Authority – 10/29
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/27
- Grand Marais Trail Report – Grand Marais Sno-Trails Assoc. – 03/27
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/25
- Seney Trail Report – Seney – 03/25
- Seney Trail Report – 03/23
- Grand Marais Trail Report – Grand Marais Sno-Trails Assoc. – 03/23
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 03/23
- Grand Marais Trail Report – Grand Marais Sno-Trails Assoc. – 03/22
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/22
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/21
- Grand Marais Trail Report – Grand Marais Sno-Trails Assoc. – 03/21
- Seney Trail Report – 03/20
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 03/20