Overall condition are very good. We have more snow in the forecast for tomorrow. They are calling for 1-3 during the day and 3-6 at night. We will give you an update on Thursday. Temps for the next will be in the 20’s and lows in the teens. Perfect riding weather. Come up and enjoy the great trails.
THE GOGEBIC RANGE TRAIL AUTHORITY reports on 2/15/19 grooming is ongoing. If you see a groomer please pull over and let them pass.
Trail 2 from Hurley to Ramsay Crossing is very good was last groomed 2/14/19. Please do not ride on sidewalks near Holiday and try to keep the noise down in town.
Trail 2 from Ramsay Crossing to Wakefield is good was last groomed 2/14/19. PLEASE REMEBER TO CROSS US HWY 2 IN THE CORRECT LANE OF TRAVEL, DO NOT BLOCK HWY TURN LANES!
Wakefield to Marenisco is very good was lasted groomed 2/12/19. This trail is a mix of twisty but wide forest roads (13mi) and 12mi of rail bed to Marenisco. This beautiful trail is 12 miles of unplowed wide logging roads that wind their way through the Gogebic Range Hills before running 10 miles of rail-trail to Marenisco. PLEASE STOP AT ALL STOP SIGNS ON THE RAIL TRAIL! There is a significant logging presence on FR-8100 with dozens of log trucks hauling out daily. Last week an accident occurred with a log truck. Stop at the stop signs!!
Trail 8 from Bingos to Tula Crossing is very good and groomed daily. Bingo’s is closed and has no gas….
Trail 160 from Walmart to Montreal River (WI) is very good last groomed 2/10/19. This is their most scenic trail and a treat to ride! Stay on the trail in the farm fields. Over 25 landowners are involved to make this trail a reality, please respect them and ride responsibly.
Trail 11S is in very good condition it was last groomed 2/12/19. It is groomed all the way to the WI line. This 17 mile long trail has 2 stop signs and is a wilderness tour. The southern 3 miles get thinner, but remains in good condition.
Trail 11 N is closed indefinitely.
THE GOGEBIC AREA GROOMERS report from 2/12/19. Groomers were out last night and report that all trails are in good to very good condition.
Trail 1N to White Pine: very good condition. Groomed last night.
Trail 8 East:-very good condition.
Trail 8 West just groomed and in very good condition.
Trail 102-Good to very Good
Trail 13n-Good to very Good. Groomed last night.
Trail 13S from Root Cellar to Trail 2 – very good condition.
Trail 1 South ¨conditions are very good ¨It was groomed last night.
Some friendly reminders:
KNOW before you GO. Take a couple extra minutes before you head out to check a map and plan out the day.
Stop at all stop signs ¨completely stop at all stop signs. Look left-right-left.
Please remember to ride RIGHT and ride TOGETHER
Taking into account the above consider that the snow we are currently getting is fluffy and creates a large powder cloud, so allow extra space between riders due to reduced visibility.
WATERSMEET U.P. THUNDER RIDERS reports 2/18/19:
We are grooming daily. Trails are very good condition, lots of snow!!
Trail 2 West of Watersmeet – Very good with the exception of the wet area 25 miles west of Watersmeet on trail 2. Please use caution.
Trail 2 East of Watersmeet- Very good condition
Trail 13 South to Cisco Chain-Very Good
Trail 3 south to Land O’Lakes- Very good condition. There is lots of traffic on this trail 100’s of sleds are passing the groomer. It’s very hard to keep smooth, use caution on bridge approaches
Trail 3 north to Paulding/Bond Falls/Bruce Crossing- Very Good
PLEASE STAY ON MARKED TRAILS. RUNNING ON UNMARKED TRAILS CAN RESULT IN LOSING EASMENT OF THE TRAILS AND ALSO A POSSIBLE TICKET FOR YOU.
Postings From Regional Pages On Facebook
Latest Trail Reports – Quick Links
- Munising Area Trail Report – 02/20
- Grayling Trail Report – Fay’s Motel – 02/20
- Seney Trail Report – 02/20
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 02/20
- Grand Marais Trail Report – Grand Marais Sno-Trails Assoc. – 02/20
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 02/20
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 02/20
- Lake Gogebic Trail Report – 02/20
- Traverse City Trail Report – 02/19
- Gaylord Area Trail Report – 02/19
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 02/19
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 02/19
- Baldwin Area Trail Report – Trailriders Snowmobile Club – 02/19
- Antrim County Trail Report – Jordan Valley Trails Council – 02/19
- Traverse City Trail Report – Blue Sky Snowmobile Rentals – 02/19
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 02/19
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 02/19
- Ironwood Trail Report – Gogebic Range Trail Authority – 02/19
- Seney Trail Report – 02/19
- Lake Gogebic Trail Report – 02/19
- Western U.P. Trail Report – Western U.P. Bureau – 02/19
- Harbor Springs Trail Report – 02/18
- Cadillac Area Trail Report – 02/18
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 02/18
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 02/18
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 02/18
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 02/17
- Lake Gogebic Trail Report – 02/17