The next few days our temps will be a bit warmer. In the teens for highs and 11 degrees for a low today and single digits for Tuesday, with light snow.
PLEASE STAY ON TRAILS. WE HAVE BEEN GETTING COMPLAINTS THAT SOME HAVE NOT BEEN STAYING ON TRAILS, RIDING ON UNMARKED TRAILS CAN LOSE EASEMENT FOR OUR TRAIL SYSTEM SO PLEASE STAY ON TRAILS!!!!!!
THE GOGEBIC RANGE TRAIL AUTHORITY REPORTS:
We saw incredible traffic this past weekend, Saturday all trails were groomed. All trails have a great base, corners can be icy so please use caution.
Trail 2 from Hurley to Ramsay US-2 Crossing:
Overall rating is good to very good. Thin spots on trail exist, by the transfer station east of Walmart with icy corners. Slow down and use caution. The rail-bed trail ENDS on the east side of the Keystone Bridge. The club grooms the bridge to maintain it for local access. The “old” trail to Wakefield is closed east of Verona Rd. and anyone caught riding it will be ticketed.
Trial 2 from Ramsay Crossing to Wakefield:
Overall rating is good to fair. This will be groomed this evening. The trail is thin in the lower elevations and corners are icy. Please stay on your side of the trail, many near-miss accidents due to sleds on the wrong side of the trail. Please ride safely.
Trail 2 from Wakefield to Marenisco:
Overall rating is good to very good. This trail will be groomed ASAP. Watch for icy corners from Wakefield to US HWY 2 trail crossing. Snow is thinner as you travel from Wakefield to Marenisco.
Trail 8 from Bingos to Tula Crossing:
Overall rating is good to very good. This was last groomed on the 14th. It is a wide seasonal county road that is not plowed and makes a fun trail to ride. Trail 8 where the GRTA groomer turns around is finally groomed by the Gogebic Area Groomers.
Trail 160 from Walmart to Montreal River(WI):
Overall rating is good to very good. This trail was groomed on the 14th. You will also encounter some active logging near the Lake Road area, please go slow, logging trucks have the right of way. Please remember to stay on the trail!!!! Do not go off the trails and ride on farmers fields, this can lose easement for our trails. This trail is very scenic so enjoy!!
Overall rating is fair to very good. There are still some thin spots on this trail and still needs some brushing. Keep speeds slow as you travel the southern half of it, once you cross the bridge within 2 miles there are some rough spots.
LAKE GOGEBIC AREA GROOMER REPORT: 01/11/2018
Overall, trail conditions are in good condition.
Trail 1 & 8 North of Bergland is in good condition. Trail 1 & 8 are very good. Couple of re-routes are in place, check for signage.
Trail 8 west of M64 has been groomed and is in very good condition. There are no signs of mud or wet spots.
Trail 8 east is poor.
U.P. THUNDER RIDERS OF WATERSMEET GROOMERS REPORT:
Groomers are running on a regular schedule. We still need more snow but the groomers are doing a great job.
Trail 2 east of Watersmeet to 107–is good but thin in areas.
Trail 3 north–fair/good with thin spots
Trail 3 Bond Falls to Trail 8-is good.
Trail 2 west-is good.
Trail 13 south of trail 2-is good.
Trail 13 south – fair to good
PLEASE STAY ON MARKED TRAILS. RIDING ON UNMARKED TRAILS CAN RESULT IN THE CLUB LOSING EASEMENT OF THAT TRAIL AND YOU POSSIBLE GETTING A TICKET…..
Latest Trail Reports – Quick Links
- Ishpeming Area Trail Report – Country Village Resort – 01/16
- Newberry Trail Report – 01/16
- Paradise Area Trail Report – 01/16
- Gaylord Area Trail Report – VisitGaylord.com – 01/15
- Cadillac Area Trail Report – 01/15
- Munising Area Trail Report – 01/15
- Ironwood Trail Report – 01/15
- Seney Trail Report – 01/15
- Western U.P. Trail Report – Western U.P. Bureau – 01/15
- Watersmeet Trail Report – 01/15
- Traverse City Trail Report – 01/15
- Traverse City Trail Report – See Traverse City – 01/15
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 01/15
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 01/15
- Paradise Area Trail Report – 01/15
- Ontonagon Trail Report – Scott’s Superior Inn – 01/15
- Sidnaw / Bruce Crossing Trail Report – 01/14
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 01/14
- Paradise Area Trail Report – 01/14
- Ironwood Trail Report – 01/13
- Munising Area Trail Report – 01/13
- Watersmeet Trail Report – 01/13
- Seney Trail Report – 01/13
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 01/13
- Paradise Area Trail Report – 01/13
- Lake Gogebic Trail Report – 01/13
- Paradise Area Trail Report – 01/12
- Munising Area Trail Report – 01/12