TRAIL REPORT: Wednesday, 7:00 p.m., 12/28/16
LIGHT DUSTING OF SNOW – NEED MORE TO WORK WITH.
GROOMING OPERATIONS: Today Pisten Bully ran Trail 419W from Munising through Frog Hollow toward Christmas. A temp culvert was placed and burried at one stream crossing and a few small washouts were filled in. Thursday: Pisten Bully is scheduled for continued prep work of the Munising-Wetmore Connector. John Deere is heading out to run two passes on the full length of Trail 8.
TRAIL CONDITIONS: Poor with very little base – Trail 8 is currently choppy. All trail sections vary substantially. Very little base so dirt and rocky in many areas. Trail 419W Munising-Christmas (Frog Hollow) Poor with little base, rocky and some small water crossings.
WEATHER; Currently 33 degrees, Lake Effect Snow Warning for mid-day Thursday through Friday with 4 to 7 inches.
CAUTIONS, WARNINGS and UPDATES:
CAUTION FOR TRAIL 419W Munising-Christmas (FROG HOLLOW), thin, hard rocky base. Very little snow cover. There are a few small water crossings so use caution.
CAUTION FOR TRAIL419 (Munising Wetmore Connector) – currently does not exist between the Alger County Road Commission and Wetmore. Trail is in preparation progress so watch for working groomers in the area. Officail opening will be anounced and grooming will begin after January 1, once MDOT’s offical approval is received.
Photo: 419W Frog Hollow temporary stream crossing repair.
Munising.net On Facebook
Below are the latest postings from the Munising.net Page On Facebook.
Latest Trail Reports – Quick Links
- Harbor Springs Trail Report – 03/20
- Antrim County Trail Report – Jordan Valley Trails Council – 03/20
- Gaylord Area Trail Report – 03/20
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 03/20
- Munising Area Trail Report – 03/20
- Lake Gogebic Trail Report – 03/20
- Ironwood Trail Report – Gogebic Range Trail Authority – 03/20
- Grand Marais Trail Report – Grand Marais Sno-Trails Assoc. – 03/20
- Western U.P. Trail Report – Western U.P. Bureau – 03/20
- Newberry Trail Report – 03/20
- Grand Marais Trail Report – Grand Marais Sno-Trails Assoc. – 03/19
- Lake Gogebic Trail Report – 03/19
- Newberry Trail Report – 03/18
- Ironwood Trail Report – Gogebic Range Trail Authority – 03/18
- Lake Gogebic Trail Report – 03/18
- Munising Area Trail Report – 03/18
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 03/18
- Grand Marais Trail Report – Grand Marais Sno-Trails Assoc. – 03/17