TRAIL REPORT: 7:30 a.m., Sunday, 1/29/17
Trails are Nice!
GROOMING OPERATIONS: Trails 419, 422, 8 and 7 North to Christmas, 7 South to the Buckhorn were groomed Saturday and last night. Trails 8 and 7 North twice. Trails were in fair to very good condition after grooming. Snow continues across the area, more to the West side of our trail system.
TRAIL CONDITIONS: Generally Good to Fair.
Trail 8 – Very Good.
Trail 7 South – Good to poor as you get closer to 440, slight moguls, wet spots/holes South of Doe Lake Road. Recovery grooming scheduled for today.
Trail 7 North – Good to Fair closer to Christmas. Snow was difficult to process because of lower snowfall on the North end.
Trail 419W (Munising-Christmas) – Fair to Good, Holes were filled with the last grooming run but continue to use caution due to possible soft spots closer to Munising.
Trail 422 (Miners Castle) – Good.
Trail 419E (to Trail 8) – Good.
Trail 419 (Wetmore-Munising) – Good to Fair, no base on the inside corners of the hills.
WEATHER: 20 degrees, 9 mph N Winds, Snowing w/Lake Effect Snow Advisory. Forecasting another 4 to 8 inches through Sunday!
Past 24 Hour Snowfall: 4′ South, 4′ North (approximate) West end received more.
CAUTIONS, WARNINGS and UPDATES:
CAUTION FOR TRAIL 419:
Standing and flowing water creating soft spots in wet areas of the hills closer to Munising. RIDE WITH CAUTION.
CAUTION FOR TRAIL419 (Munising Wetmore Connector) – Trail 419 connector is OPEN. Please use caution when riding. It’s a congested area with driveway crossings. PLEASE obey all stop signs and give right-of-way to vehicles.
IN TOWN TRAIL ETIQUETTE
Private Property owners allow us to use their land for trail connectors.
PLEASE respect the allowed use by staying on the trail, ride safely and stop at all driveways. PLEASE give vehicles the right of way, especially when they are trying to turn off of the major roadways. Remember Cars have the right of way and you are responsible for any related vehicular accidents. These connectors need annual approval so PLEASE ride with respect and courtesy so we can keep them open year after year!
(Photographs: Trail 8 near Campground Road. 2nd photo is a bank flattened out ready for the Dubie Groomer to be pulled across.)
Below are the latest postings from Facebook.
This message is only visible to site admins
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Latest Trail Reports – Quick Links
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 05/09
- Ironwood Trail Report – 05/05
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 05/02
- Ironwood Trail Report – 04/30
- Petoskey Area Trail Report – 04/12
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 04/11
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/28
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 03/27
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 03/21
- Newberry Trail Report – 03/20
- Munising Area Trail Report – 03/20
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/20
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/19
- Grand Marais Trail Report – 03/17
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 03/16
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/14
- Munising Area Trail Report – 03/14
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/13