Friday 01/06/2017 – Trails are shaping up nice!
Overall Conditions: Trails are in good to very good condition! As of Friday morning all trails have been groomed in the last 24-36 hours. Cold temps have really allowed the trails to set up. We worked tirelessly to get the corner berms worked back and we continue to try and lay snow on the icy areas.
Trail 2 from Hurley to Ramsay Crossing:
Overall rating: good to very good condition.
Some thin spots due to traffic, Groomed 7-11pm 1/3/17, will be groomed Friday 1/6/17 as well
Trail 2 from Ramsay Crossing to Wakefield:
Overall rating: Good condition.
This section has been groomed daily to get the corner berms back under control. It is very tight, corners remain icy, please ride slowly. We noticed several spots were riders out-drove their headlights/trail conditions resulting in blown corners. Please ride with caution, we are grooming as much as possible to lay snow in the corners but they will remain icy, especially on the weekends.
Trail 2 from Wakefield to Marenisco:
Overall Rating: Good condition.
The re-route is still active onto Great Lakes Road from the high-line. The marsh has not yet had snow pushed into it to freeze it, we expect to do that this week/weekend. Last groomed 1/6/2017.
Trail 8 from Bingo’s to Tula Crossing:
Overall Rating: Good condition.
This unplowed county road fairs well as it is our northern most trail and typically sees the most snow. Last groomed 1/5/17.
Trail 160 from Walmart to Montreal River (WI):
Overall Rating: CLOSED, Seeking volunteers to help open southern half of trail
The club is actively evaluating & planning the signing requirements as well as the brushing requirements to get the trail opened from Norlund Rd. & south. We hope to have the southern half of the trail opened by mid-January. The club is excited to send out the Bridge Replacement Project for bidding as all environmental studies are complete and the project completely approved. The club is planning a project completion in mid February. We need local members who use this trail to come forward to help sign and maintain it. It’s a lot of fun to meet new people and share the love for our sport with people from the area!
Trail 11N (Southboundary Rd) / 11S (Winchester, WI):
Overall Raiting: CLOSED for the season. Seeking volunteers to help open the trails!
The club is actively seeking help to get the trail evaluated and prioritized for opening 11S next summer. One of the areas most favorite trails was lost due to logging operations and an inability to reroute. Then, the task of getting the trail back open was hindered by beaver flooding issues and a lack of labor. We need volunteers to step up and help get this gorgeous trail open next season!
TO REPORT DANGEROUS TRAIL CONDITIONS OR ISSUES: 608-577-6653
Gogebic Range Trail Authority On Facebook
Below are the latest postings from the Gogebic Range Trail Authority Page On Facebook.
Latest Trail Reports – Quick Links
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 04/11
- Munising Area Trail Report – 04/05
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 04/04
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 04/04
- Paradise Area Trail Report – 04/02
- Munising Area Trail Report – 04/01
- Grand Marais Trail Report – Grand Marais Sno-Trails Assoc. – 04/01
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 04/01
- Grand Marais Trail Report – Grand Marais Sno-Trails Assoc. – 03/31
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 03/31
- Munising Area Trail Report – 03/31
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 03/30
- Grand Marais Trail Report – Grand Marais Sno-Trails Assoc. – 03/30
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 03/30
- Lake Gogebic Trail Report – 03/29
- Munising Area Trail Report – 03/29
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 03/29
- Grand Marais Trail Report – Grand Marais Sno-Trails Assoc. – 03/29