Western U.P. Trail Report – Western U.P. Bureau – 01/26
Temps today will be 40 so it will be best to ride early in the morning. Tomorrow temps will be a high of 29 and back to the teens on Sunday. Overall conditions are good to very good with a few fair conditions. I am sure with the warmer weather today the trails will take a beating. Grooming will be ongoing weather permitting.
PLEASE STAY ON TRAILS. WE HAVE BEEN GETTING COMPLAINTS THAT SOME HAVE NOT BEEN STAYING ON TRAILS, RIDING ON UNMARKED TRAILS CAN LOSE EASEMENT FOR OUR TRAIL SYSTEM SO PLEASE STAY ON TRAILS!!!!!!
THE GOGEBIC RANGE TRAIL AUTHORITY REPORTS:
All trails have been freshly groomed, conditions are good to very good.
Please stay on your side of the trails, we want everyone to be safe.
Trail 2 from Hurley to Ramsay US-2 Crossing is good to very good. This was last groomed this morning. You will still encounter some thin spots along with icy corners. Use caution when riding.
The rail-bed trail ENDS on the east side of the Keystone Bridge. The club grooms the bridge to maintain it for local access. The “old” trail to Wakefield is closed east of Verona Road. Tickets will be issued if you ride on this closed trail.
Trail 2 from Ramsay Crossing to Wakefield is fair to good. The trail by Sunday Lake in Wakefield is thin and has icy corners.
Trail 2 from Wakefield to Marenisco is good to very good. Watch for icy corners from Wakefield to US HWY. 2 trail crossing.
Trail 8 from Bingo’s to Tula Crossing is good to very good. Please stay on your side of the trail and use caution on corners.
Trail 160 from Walmart to Montreal River(WI) is good to very good. This is a very scenic trail with spectacular views. ENJOY!! There is logging near the Lake Road area, please slow down, remember logging trucks have the right of way.
Trail 11S is fair to very good. There are still a few thin spots on this trail and it also needs to have more brushing done. Please use caution. Once you cross the bridge within 2 miles there are some rough spots, they are snow covered but we still need more snow.
LAKE GOGEBIC AREA GROOMER REPORT:
Trail 1&8 North of Bergland were groomed along with Trail 1N and
8W and are in very good condition.
Trail 102 is in very good condition.
Trail 13 N was groomed on the 24th and is starting to get a bit rough due to all the traffic.
Trail 13 S from the Root Cellar to Trail 2 the snow has been built up so there are no more rocks.
Trail 1 from Marenisco to Lake Gogebic has been groomed. Use caution by the Gogebic Lodge they are plowing a mile strip for the 1000 foot radar run on Feb. 10th. Watch for BERMS!
U.P. THUNDER RIDERS OF WATERSMEET GROOMERS REPORT:
Groomer Report 1/24/2017
Groomers are out grooming daily.
Trail 2 east of Watersmeet – to the 107 – good.
Trail 3 north of trail 2 to Bond Falls – good
Trail 3 north of Bond Falls – good
Trail 2 west of Watersmeet- good
Trail 13 south of trail 2 – good
PLEASE STAY ON MARKED TRAILS. RIDING ON UNMARKED TRAILS CAN RESULT IN THE CLUB LOSING EASEMENT OF THAT TRAIL AND YOU POSSIBLE GETTING A TICKET…..
Latest Trail Reports – Quick Links
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 05/09
- Ironwood Trail Report – 05/05
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 05/02
- Ironwood Trail Report – 04/30
- Petoskey Area Trail Report – 04/12
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 04/11
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/28
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 03/27
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 03/21
- Newberry Trail Report – 03/20
- Munising Area Trail Report – 03/20
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/20
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/19
- Grand Marais Trail Report – 03/17
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 03/16
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/14
- Munising Area Trail Report – 03/14
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/13
- Grand Marais Trail Report – 03/12
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/12
- Munising Area Trail Report – 03/11
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/11
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 03/10
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/10
- Western U.P. Trail Report – Western U.P. Bureau – 03/10
- Straits Area Trail Report – 03/09
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 03/09
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/09