Western U.P. Trail Report – Western U.P. Bureau – 03/02
Temps for the next few days will be near 40 with lows in the 20’s. With our temp near 40 grooming will take place at night. Expect some rougher trails later in the day with traffic and grooming only at night. Use caution on corners they may be icy. Make sure you ride on your side of the trail, we want everyone to be safe.
PLEASE STAY ON TRAILS. WE HAVE BEEN GETTING COMPLAINTS THAT SOME HAVE NOT BEEN STAYING ON TRAILS, RIDING ON UNMARKED TRAILS CAN LOSE EASEMENT FOR OUR TRAIL SYSTEM SO PLEASE STAY ON TRAILS!!!!!!
THE GOGEBIC RANGE TRAIL AUTHORITY REPORTS:
Trail 2 from Hurley to Ramsay US-2 Crossing is good. Watch for Icy corners as you head east out of Ironwood! As you depart Ironwood past Walmart heading east the horseshoe-turns around the Transfer Station are getting icy, please ride right & ride cautiously
The rail-bed trail ENDS on the east side of the Keystone Bridge. The club grooms the bridge to maintain it for local access. The “old” trail to Wakefield is closed east of Verona Road. Tickets will be issued if you ride on this closed trail.
Trail 2 from Ramsay Crossing to Wakefield is good. The trail has improved dramatically this week with all the fresh snow, but the corners are icy and by midday we expect the traffic to have swept the corners. There have been several near-miss accidents due to riders not riding on their side of the trail or blowing through icy corners. We need everyone to ride safely through there at a reasonable speed to keep everyone safe. The hill climbs to Indianhead Big Snow Resorts are snow packed and smooth.
Trail 2 from Wakefield to Marenisco is very good. There is active construction 5 miles east of Wakefield use caution. Watch for icy corners from Wakefield to US HWY. 2 trail crossing.
Trail 8 from Bingo’s to Tula Crossing is very good. The trail has lots of snow on it and is a wide seasonal county road that is not plowed and makes for a fun trail ride.
Trail 160 from Walmart to Montreal River(WI) is good. This is a very scenic trail with spectacular views. ENJOY!! There is logging near the Lake Road area, please slow down, remember logging trucks have the right of way.
Trail 11S is good to good. The first 2 miles of the trail as it heads south towards Wisconsin from Trail 2 is plowed due to logging. Please yield to all commercial truck traffic. The trail is in great shape and is groomed from the Vilas County Wisconsin Line to Trail 2 completely, regularly. There are still a few thin areas and areas that need more brushing but the trail is fantastic.
LAKE GOGEBIC AREA GROOMER REPORT
Wednesday, February 28
Gogebic Area Groomers are reporting all trails right now to be in good to very good condition. Trails are very hard with all the thawing and freezing and there are some icy spots/corners. Groomers were out last night and every trail was groomed, and as long as temps drop below freezing – groomers will be able to get out. We’ve got a good base, our nights are cold. We are experiencing typical late season conditions – temps in the 30’s during the day and teens at night.
U.P. THUNDER RIDERS OF WATERSMEET GROOMERS REPORT:
Groomers ran the whole trail system Tuesday the 27, our trail conditions range from very good to poor. Poor areas are around town and on roadside trails
Trail 2 east of Watersmeet – to the 107 – poor – snirty/dirty as you leave watersmeet
Trail 3 south of Watersmeet to WI – good -this trail gets tons of traffic and it gets rough between groomings use caution over the bridges
Trail 3 north of trail 2 to bond falls – fair – with icy/dirty corners
Trail 3 north of Bond falls – good with icy corners
Trail 2 west of Watersmeet – good – there is a wet area about 20miles west of Watersmeet where water is on the trail there are signs so please use caution
Trail 13 south of trail 2 – good with icy corners
PLEASE STAY ON MARKED TRAILS. RIDING ON UNMARKED TRAILS CAN RESULT IN THE CLUB LOSING EASEMENT OF THAT TRAIL AND YOU POSSIBLE GETTING A TICKET…..
Latest Trail Reports – Quick Links
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 05/09
- Ironwood Trail Report – 05/05
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 05/02
- Ironwood Trail Report – 04/30
- Petoskey Area Trail Report – 04/12
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 04/11
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/28
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 03/27
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 03/21
- Newberry Trail Report – 03/20
- Munising Area Trail Report – 03/20
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/20
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/19
- Grand Marais Trail Report – 03/17
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 03/16
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/14
- Munising Area Trail Report – 03/14
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/13
- Grand Marais Trail Report – 03/12
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/12
- Munising Area Trail Report – 03/11
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/11
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 03/10
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/10
- Western U.P. Trail Report – Western U.P. Bureau – 03/10
- Straits Area Trail Report – 03/09
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 03/09
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/09