Western U.P. Trail Report – Western U.P. Bureau – 02/26
Temps for the next few days will be near 40 with lows in the 20’s. We received 9-11″ of new snow this past weekend which will help the trail system. With our temp near 40 grooming will take place at night. Expect some rougher trails later in the day with traffic and grooming only at night. Use caution on corners they may be icy. Make sure you ride on your side of the trail, we want everyone to be safe.
PLEASE STAY ON TRAILS. WE HAVE BEEN GETTING COMPLAINTS THAT SOME HAVE NOT BEEN STAYING ON TRAILS, RIDING ON UNMARKED TRAILS CAN LOSE EASEMENT FOR OUR TRAIL SYSTEM SO PLEASE STAY ON TRAILS!!!!!!
THE GOGEBIC RANGE TRAIL AUTHORITY REPORTS:
Trail 2 from Hurley to Ramsay US-2 Crossing is very good. Watch for Icy corners as you head east out of Ironwood! As you depart Ironwood past Walmart heading east the horseshoe-turns around the Transfer Station are getting icy, please ride right & ride cautiously
The rail-bed trail ENDS on the east side of the Keystone Bridge. The club grooms the bridge to maintain it for local access. The “old” trail to Wakefield is closed east of Verona Road. Tickets will be issued if you ride on this closed trail.
Trail 2 from Ramsay Crossing to Wakefield is good. The trail has improved dramatically this week with all the fresh snow, but the corners are icy and by midday we expect the traffic to have swept the corners. There have been several near-miss accidents due to riders not riding on their side of the trail or blowing through icy corners. We need everyone to ride safely through there at a reasonable speed to keep everyone safe. The hill climbs to Indianhead Big Snow Resorts are snow packed and smooth.
Trail 2 from Wakefield to Marenisco is very good. There is active construction 5 miles east of Wakefield use caution. Watch for icy corners from Wakefield to US HWY. 2 trail crossing.
Trail 8 from Bingo’s to Tula Crossing is very good. The trail has lots of snow on it and is a wide seasonal county road that is not plowed and makes for a fun trail ride.
Trail 160 from Walmart to Montreal River(WI) is very good. This is a very scenic trail with spectacular views. ENJOY!! There is logging near the Lake Road area, please slow down, remember logging trucks have the right of way.
Trail 11S is good to very good. The first 2 miles of the trail as it heads south towards Wisconsin from Trail 2 is plowed due to logging. Please yield to all commercial truck traffic. The trail is in great shape and is groomed from the Vilas County Wisconsin Line to Trail 2 completely, regularly. There are still a few thin areas and areas that need more brushing but the trail is fantastic.
LAKE GOGEBIC AREA GROOMER REPORT
Trail Conditions from the 23rd.
Received about 4” of snow Sunday and about 1-2” overnight on the North Shore of Lake Gogebic. Light to moderate snows are forecasted for the remainder of the week and the forecast is calling for below average temperatures.
Gogebic Area Groomers have reported that they are out on our trails daily and that everything is in good to very good condition.
U.P. THUNDER RIDERS OF WATERSMEET GROOMERS REPORT:
Groomers are running daily
Trail 2 east of Watersmeet – to the 107 – good
Trail 3 south of Watersmeet to WI – good -this trail gets tons of traffic and it gets rough between groomings, use caution over the bridges
Trail 3 north of trail 2 to bond falls – good with icy corners
Trail 3 north of Bond falls – good with icy corners
Trail 2 west of Watersmeet – good
Trail 13 south of trail 2 – good with icy corners
PLEASE STAY ON MARKED TRAILS. RIDING ON UNMARKED TRAILS CAN RESULT IN THE CLUB LOSING EASEMENT OF THAT TRAIL AND YOU POSSIBLE GETTING A TICKET….
Latest Trail Reports – Quick Links
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 12/01
- Gaylord Area Trail Report – 12/02
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 12/02
- Lake Gogebic Trail Report – 12/01
- Newberry Trail Report – 12/01
- Traverse City Trail Report – 11/30
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 12/01
- Gaylord Area Trail Report – 11/30
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 11/30
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 11/29
- Lake Gogebic Trail Report – 11/28
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 11/28
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 11/28
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 11/27
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 11/27
- Lake Gogebic Trail Report – 11/27
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 11/27
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 11/27
- Ironwood / Western U.P. Trail Report – 11/27
- Lake Gogebic Trail Report – 11/26
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 05/03
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 05/02
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 05/02
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 05/01
- Antrim County Trail Report – 04/17
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 04/17
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 04/14
- Lake Gogebic Trail Report – 04/10