Western U.P. Trail Report – Western U.P. Bureau – 02/06
Temps for the next couple of days are going to be in the single to low double digits during the day and below zero at night. Grooming is ongoing for all clubs. Use caution on corners they may be icy. Make sure you ride on your side of the trail, we want everyone to be safe.
PLEASE STAY ON TRAILS. WE HAVE BEEN GETTING COMPLAINTS THAT SOME HAVE NOT BEEN STAYING ON TRAILS, RIDING ON UNMARKED TRAILS CAN LOSE EASEMENT FOR OUR TRAIL SYSTEM SO PLEASE STAY ON TRAILS!!!!!!
THE GOGEBIC RANGE TRAIL AUTHORITY REPORTS:
One of our groomers is down for repairs. We don’t know what the timeline is for getting it repaired. Be patient we now have only one groomer to work with, we will get to all the trails when we can.
Overall conditions are good to very good.
Please stay on your side of the trails, we want everyone to be safe.
Trail 2 from Hurley to Ramsay US-2 Crossing is good to very good. This was last groomed on the morning of the 2/5.. You will still encounter some thin spots along with icy corners. Use caution when riding.
The rail-bed trail ENDS on the east side of the Keystone Bridge. The club grooms the bridge to maintain it for local access. The “old” trail to Wakefield is closed east of Verona Road. Tickets will be issued if you ride on this closed trail.
Trail 2 from Ramsay Crossing to Wakefield is fair to good. The decent from Indianhead Mountain to Wakefield as you travel eastbound on trail 2 needs more snow. The trail by Sunday Lake in Wakefield is thin and has icy corners.
Trail 2 from Wakefield to Marenisco is good to very good. There is active construction 5 miles east of Wakefield use caution. Watch for icy corners from Wakefield to US HWY. 2 trail crossing.
Trail 8 from Bingo’s to Tula Crossing is good to very good. Please stay on your side of the trail and use caution on corners.
Trail 160 from Walmart to Montreal River(WI) is good to very good. This is a very scenic trail with spectacular views. ENJOY!! There is logging near the Lake Road area, please slow down, remember logging trucks have the right of way.
Trail 11S is good to very good. Last groomed 2/5. The first 2 miles of the trail as it heads south towards Wisconsin from Trail 2 is plowed due to logging. Please yield to all commercial truck traffic. The trail is in great shape and is groomed from the Vilas County Wisconsin Line to Trail 2 completely, regularly. There are still a few thin areas and areas that need more brushing but the trail is fantastic.
LAKE GOGEBIC AREA GROOMER REPORT was last reported on the 2/1/18.
Good News: The DNR has given approval for us to reopen Trail 100 to East Shore Road which puts snowmobilers within a 1/4 mi of Lake Gogebic. Groomers are out on it right now and it is in good shape (4.5 mi from trail 13 to East Shore Rd).
Trail 13: Good to very good. Trail 100 is open and has been groomed from Trail 13 to the
East Shore Rd. From there you can follow left to Slate River/ Lake Gogebic and if you make a right you can run East Shore Road. Received some snow and hopefully, that will cover bare spots on the roads.
Trail 1 to Presque is in fair condition and recently groomed.
Not much base and about ½ down dirt are showing.
Trail 1 and 13 are being groomed frequently as we have stationed one of our groomers in Marenisco!
Trail 1 N/Corridor 8: groomed and in very good condition.
Trail 102 in good to the very good condition.
Trail 8 East has been groomed, because of weather, it could not be groomed all way. That will be groomed weather permitting.
U.P. THUNDER RIDERS OF WATERSMEET GROOMERS REPORT:
Groomer Report 2/5/18
Trails are good with some fair areas. We do have some thin areas and icy corners so use caution. The groomers are running daily. Lots of thumbs up from riders so the trails must be riding well!
Trail 2 east of Watersmeet – to the 107 – good but thin in areas
Trail 3 south of Watersmeet to WI – good/fair -this trail gets tons of traffic and it gets rough between groomings use caution over the bridges
Trail 3 north of trail 2 to bond falls – good thin areas and icy corners
Trail 3 north of Bond falls – good
Trail 2 west of Watersmeet- good with thin areas
Trail 13 south of trail 2 – good with icy corners
PLEASE STAY ON MARKED TRAILS. RIDING ON UNMARKED TRAILS CAN RESULT IN THE CLUB LOSING EASEMENT OF THAT TRAIL AND YOU POSSIBLE GETTING A TICKET…..
Latest Trail Reports – Quick Links
- Petoskey Area Trail Report – 04/12
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 04/11
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/28
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 03/27
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 03/21
- Newberry Trail Report – 03/20
- Munising Area Trail Report – 03/20
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/20
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/19
- Grand Marais Trail Report – 03/17
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 03/16
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/14
- Munising Area Trail Report – 03/14
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/13
- Grand Marais Trail Report – 03/12
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/12
- Munising Area Trail Report – 03/11
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/11
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 03/10
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/10
- Western U.P. Trail Report – Western U.P. Bureau – 03/10
- Straits Area Trail Report – 03/09
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 03/09
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/09
- Gaylord Area Trail Report – 03/09
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 03/09
- Munising Area Trail Report – 03/09
- Ontonagon Trail Report – Scott’s Superior Inn – 03/09