TRAIL REPORT: 8:00 p.m., Friday, 1/27/17
Full Recovery Looks Hopeful!
GROOMING OPERATIONS: Trails 419E, 8 and 7 North to Christmas and 7 South to the Buckhorn were groomed today. Trails were in good condition after grooming. No daytime snow accumulation. Please continue to tread lightly while we recover from the January thaw.
TRAIL CONDITIONS: Generally Good to Fair.
Trail 8 – Good.
Trail 7 South – Fair to Poor, slight moguls, wet spots South of Doe Lake Road.
Trail 7 North – Good to Fair, no base in the corners closer to Christmas.
Trail 419W (Munising-Christmas) – Poor to Fair, bare corners, use caution due , soft spots and water crossings closer to Munising.
Trail 422 (Miners Castle) – Fair.
Trail 419E (to Trail 8) – Good to Fair, no base in the corners near Wetmore.
Trail 419 (Wetmore-Munising) – Fair, no base in the corners.
WEATHER: 29 degrees, 10 to 15 mph W Winds, Cloudy. Forecasting 20 – 25 mph NW winds with a foot of Lake Effect snow starting tonight through Sunday!
Past 24 Hour Snowfall: 2′ South, 3′ North (approximate)
CAUTIONS, WARNINGS and UPDATES:
CAUTION FOR TRAIL 419:
Standing and flowing water creating soft spots in wet areas of the hills closer to Munising. RIDE WITH CAUTION.
CAUTION FOR TRAIL419 (Munising Wetmore Connector) – Trail 419 connector is OPEN. Please use caution when riding. It’s a congested area with driveway crossings. PLEASE obey all stop signs and give right-of-way to vehicles.
IN TOWN TRAIL ETIQUETTE
Private Property owners allow us to use their land for trail connectors. PLEASE respect the allowed use by staying on the trail, ride safely and stop at all driveways. PLEASE give vehicles the right of way, especially when they are trying to turn off of the major roadways. Remember Cars have the right of way and you are responsible for any related vehicular accidents. These connectors need annual approval so PLEASE ride with respect and courtesy so we can keep them open year after year!
Munising.net On Facebook
Below are the latest postings from the Munising.net Page On Facebook.
This message is only visible to site admins
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Latest Trail Reports – Quick Links
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 05/09
- Ironwood Trail Report – 05/05
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 05/02
- Ironwood Trail Report – 04/30
- Petoskey Area Trail Report – 04/12
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 04/11
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/28
- Sault Ste. Marie Trail Report – 03/27
- Ontonagon Trail Report – 03/21
- Newberry Trail Report – 03/20
- Munising Area Trail Report – 03/20
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/20
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/19
- Grand Marais Trail Report – 03/17
- Frederic / Gaylord Area Trail Report – Sledheads of Frederic – 03/16
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/14
- Munising Area Trail Report – 03/14
- Keweenaw Peninsula Trail Report – 03/13